Florida's already been getting some bad press this month and this isn't helping.
Daycare teach Michelle Hammack was inside her Jacksonville classroom when she smelled smoke. She began searching the surrounding areas for the source of the smell and discovered a small fire in the facility's oven.
She quickly returned to her classroom to wake the children from their nap and escort them out of the building.
Having done what she felt was the safest thing for the children in her class, he was stunned the next day when the facility's owner informed her that she was fired.
"I fired her only because she left her room," Rozhaov told WTEV. "Even though children are sleeping, the teachers are supposed to be there."
For the full story, watch below: